THE NEW UPDATE HAS BEEN RELEASED
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Where are my money, gems, and skills?
After a lot of contemplation, we came to the decision to not transfer them over with the update. It wasn't an easy decision to come to, but we feel it's for the best. If it gives you any peace of mind, there will be NO more wipes following this one, and if you still plan to stick around there will be many more updates and new content to come.
You will still have your permanent items, so you're not left with nothing at all.
Almost all of the commands have changed, we're using a new weapon pack, and there are many new features as well. Also if you didn't know already, we're on the new version of DarkRP.
I would advise that you keep scrolling down if you'd like to know the commands.
Other than commands, the skills and gems have been merged into one menu, along with two new features, Herbalism and Alchemy. You can find herbs around the map which you can use to craft potions.
THE CURRENT COMMANDS
- /postlaw [law_here]
- /createclan [clan_name]
- /kickfromclan [player_name]
- /invitetoclan [player_name]
- /clan [message here]
- /trade [userid]
- /tradecancel ( if you've requested the trade )
- /tradeblacklist [steamid]
- /tradeblremove [steamid]
- /fire [name]
- The Beast now has many new attacks, and is more chaotic than ever.
- If you reconnect during a Beast, your damage is saved, but you must be on to win it.
- The Mining Foreman job can now turn off their drills by pressing 'E' on it, and back on the same way.
- There are two new printers, the basic money printer and the advanced money printer.
- You must maintain your printers, and you can upgrade them, you can do this by pressing E+R on it.
- There is now a Running Speed perk tree, and there may be potentially more to come.
- Salvaging is now worth it again, you will no longer get extremely low yields.
- The view glitches with the Crab Person job, and shrink ray, no longer occur.
- There are several new NPCs around the map, and new quests, there will be more quests to come as well.
- You now receive Uncommon and Rare weapons randomly when completing quests, this is why they weren't brought over.
- Since we're using a new weapon pack, keep a look out on the forums for a list of all the weapons so you may readjust your binds.
There are many new features to come, and bugs to be expected.
There was only so much we could find on the test server, so as soon as you come across bugs please report them on the forums. Although the gamemode may look very similiar, this is only the beginning. It will be much easier for us to add new content now.
An introduction to Noobonic Plague
Welcome to Noobonic Plague. Since 2010 we've been a top Garry's Mod server and community.
Information about the server is always available on our forums at noobonicplague.com/forums/
Part of our gameplay is the freedom to use binds and console commands. Many features are only accessible via the console, so if you're new to the game, we highly recommend you enable it.
To enable your console:
- Press the Esc key.
- Click the Options button.
- Click the Advanced... button at the bottom of the Keyboard screen.
- Check the Enable developer console box.
- Now, to open the console, press the `/~ key on your keyboard.
Changing your name
By default, your name is something like Citizen123 1 1. To change this, all you have to do is type /name mynickname into chat.
Picking a job
As with most DarkRP servers, to view the job menu, press F4 in game.
Speaking with admins
If you find yourself needed the assistance of an admin, use the @ prefix/command in chat. For example: @ This message will be sent to admins.
You always need a legitimate reason to kill other players. If they have an red "REVENGE" tag over their head, you can kill them at any time. Additionally, you are always permitted to kill other players in self defense.
If you are killed, check console to see if it was in revenge.
Keep in mind, if you are on the road, you may be runover by a car. This is not against server rules, so exercise caution. If you need, you can purchase a traffic hat in the Flea Market to avoid death when being hit.
Supporting Us & Humanity
About the Store
Noobonic Plague is proudly (although unofficially) a non-profit group.
The Noobonic Plague store is directly responsible for covering server costs, maintenance, and improvements. Plus, at least 20% of all proceeds are donated to charity.
At its core, Noobonic was developed by five people -- all driven with heart and sole. Noobonic Plague is not a business, it is a community of passionate individuals. That's why we proudly give back to charities we believe support our players.
Our Charitable Contributions
As of December 18, 2014, Noobonic Plague has formally donated to the following charities:
The Trevor Project
In honor of Stan @ DevNull
December 17, 2014
The American Red Cross
November 9, 2014
The Brain Behavior & Research Foundation (National Alliance for Research in Schizophrenia and Depression)
In memory of Robert & Tatiana Klamo
August 31, 2014
May 6, 2013
Fucking Read These
- Don't be a dick.
- Don't be a dick.
- Rules 1 and 2.
- Propblocking is ALLOWED!
Props can be destroyed. Get a crowbar, knife, or a fucking Glock and shoot them until they're gone. That simple. Exceptions include teleports, the bank prior to five minutes of a robbery, and the Nexus lobby when there's not a lockdown. Also randomly prop-trapping players for no reason will get you banned. Also prop-blocking public areas can get you killed. If you place a bridge over BP, be prepared to get arrested or shot in the face. Same with roads, etc.
Some exceptions for prop-blocking
- No props in elevator shafts.
- No props around spawn-regions of any job.
- No props near teleporters at all (including Hospital and Penthouse).
- Government personnel cannot be corrupt.
Cops, mayors, medics and paramedics cannot assist law-breakers. That means no printing and no paramedics basing (or cops, obviously). Paramedics have a responsibility to save lives, no matter what. Cops can order paramedics not to revive a player if there's a legitimate reason. Otherwise cops cannot Glock some poor asshole for no reason then forbid paramedics from reviving.
Also, cops can only do bail if they have permission from the Chief or mayor. If there isn't a chief or mayor, then you can do it if there is not an existing cop's props protecting the jail. Cops should never be warranting or destroying other officer's props to get into the jail without a reason other than releasing a friend or doing bail.
Cops may also not break the laws set by the mayor, and they also cannot break default laws that are listed below. The only exception to this is that in self-defense a cop may use any type of gun to defend themselves or other officers.
- There are default laws when there is no mayor.
Mayors can set laws, aside from making money printers, murder, plague canisters, and hobos legal. When there is no mayor default laws are in place, such as no weapons but semi-automatic pistols, no drugs, no propblocking the road, and no vandalism/trespassing.
- Prop-climbing is allowed. But...
you cannot go into "un-textured" regions. If you're not standing on a texture, then get down. You can base on roofs in the city, but do not base and/or hang out in any area without a texture.
- Respect the admins like your mother.
Admins generally will not care if you rage at them, but if you're being an annoying fuck, don't complain if you get banned. We promote free-speech, not hate-speech. If you're a bastard, then stop playing Garry's Mod and find your parents.
- There is no NLR (New Life Rule) here.
When you die, you become a ghost. Look for soul orbs (little orb distortions around the map) and press E on them. They'll decrease your spawn time. Otherwise a ghost is still considered role-play, so if you see some motherfucker with a printer as a ghost, you can respawn and get that poor bastard.
- No killing without a valid reason.
RDM (Random Deathmatching) and MIR (Murdering with Invalid Reasoning)
This means you can't run up to any regular person and kill them because you're stupid and have nothing else to do. Accidents are okay, but if you're a shitty shot and have an issue with collateral damage, you're not excepted. If you want to kill people, become a zombie and do it. However, when raiding a base (AND IT HAS TO ACTUALLY BE A FUCKING BASE), you can kill occupants when you break in. No, you cannot lockpick a door then blast some poor guy trying to get a towel hat in the face.
KILLING SOMEONE AT THEIR SPAWN IS NEVER ALLOWED!
For a list of reasons you can kill (but not limited to):
- If someone is breaking your prop (that isn't blocking a public area, like listed above).
- If you're shooting in self-defense (a console line will appear after you kill someone in self defense)
- If you're killing in revenge. So anyone with the orange REVENGE tag can be shot (keep in mind that tag does not exist when you're a cop, that's intentional...)
- If you're shooting and killing a crab or zombie.
- If you kill someone that was shooting a friend.
- Killing cops that are chasing you down or about to arrest another player.
- Someone is trying to break into property, like lock-picking a door.
- You're in the bank during a robbery (see details below).
- Other scenarios that admins explain...
- Bank Robberies are a Shitstorm
Anyone inside the bank during a robbery can be killed and/or arrested. No, not outside. No, not in front of the door. No, not on the pylons. INSIDE. Also, banks cannot be blocked-up until around five minutes before a robbery. Also, if you're going to rob the bank: rob the bank. Don't move in and out of the vault so you and your buddies can keep killing people because you're restarting the robbery. Admins can be fantastic party-crashers, and doing that is a great invitation for them. Aso, no corrupt cops (ever).
- Mic-Spamming has limitations.
If you want to drive around in an airboat playing the latest Jawbreaker album, that's fine. But admins still have discretion to gag you if you are causing a nuisance. Just use common sense. If you're asked to stop by an admin, then stop.
- Players are allowed in Nexus Lobby
Unless there is a lockdown, any players are welcome in the Nexus lobby. However, going past the desk or above the first floor can get you arrested or shot by police without warning. Same goes for the garage, any non-government personnel in the garage can be killed/arrested.
- Don't Metagame
OOC stands for Out Of Character. So do not ask for revives in OOC or broadcast in-game information through it. It's not a huge deal, but it's mainly to prevent people from asking for revives. You can be just as much of an annoying bitch if you go "OMG MEATGAME FGT" as if you were to just say "revive me."
- Cops Need Valid Reason to Search
Hearing or seeing printers is good evidence for a warrant. A simple locked door is not. You cannot run through the map busting down any owned door, you need a reason to search it.
- Only Jobs with Morality are Government
Government personnel cannot be corrupt. Otherwise any class can lie, cheat, beg and bribe.
- Hobos and Crabs have limited rights
In-fact, Crabs have no rights at all. They can be killed, arrested and harassed (BUT NOT SPAWN CAMPED). Hobos can't be killed without a valid reason, but they're illegal and should be arrested by law-enforcement.
- Don't beg in public chat
If you want money, earn it or go harass people in local chat. OOC and Advert are not the places for it.
- Scamming is allowed
We're working on a trade-system, but if you want to avoid getting scammed, have an admin supervise your trade- called Admin Trade, sometimes referenced as ATO. Admins should only supervise gem-trades. Lotteries and gambling are not supervised.
- No Racism
Racial slurs are not tolerated- nor are symbols with historical racial ties. I know as sixth graders it can be cool to say racist shit, but Noobonic Plague is not your middle school. Watch your fucking language.
- Clans CANNOT Random Death Match
While it may be very tempting to do so with this new feature, that's not what it was made for. Doing so will result in punishment.
- No Racist Clan Names
Creating a Clan with a racist name will result in a strict ban, you definitely know better.
- No Invalid Demotes
This is also a stupid one, but needed nonetheless. You can demote people for not doing their jobs, like not selling drugs or food. Also for killing you for no reason. But demoting people for reasons like "faggot," "shut up," "9 years old," etc is not allowed. However, mayors can be demoted for any reason (even though demoting the mayor means you're a pussy and unwilling to assassinate them.)
- Admins Always have Final Say
Just because something isn't listed here doesn't mean it isn't against the rules. Always listen to admins. If there is a dispute, take it to the forums.
Some Kick-Ass People
This server could not exist without the tremendous effort and contributions of people from this community and other developers alike.
Creator of Noobonic Plague and developer of the incredible features that set it apart. His significance can never be overstated.
Fixed countless bugs and assisted the server in its beginnings.
Content contributer and has assisted several times getting models just the way we need them. Long-time community member and former admin.